8.29.2016

just keep creating.

Source


If there's one thing I've learned about the art world, it's that every artist does whatever the fuck they want. 

I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to realize that :) It's almost like people go to art school to ultimately unlearn what they learned in art school. Everyone ends up putting their own spin on everything.

I had many preconceived ideas about what made up an artist, and for the longest time I have struggled with not fitting into those definitions. For me an artist was someone who went to art school, simple as that. With approximately 7.4 billion people in the world (as per google), it is freaking impossible for every accomplished artist out there to be an art school graduate. I think I'm finally starting to see that one doesn't need the art degree to be just as talented as someone who doesn't have one.

Creativity is so individual to the person, think of this, your own brain connects with your own eyes and hands and magic happens. No one can teach you that. It's something that's ingrained in every human being since the dawn of time. Without creativity nothing would exist.

There are varying degrees of talent and I'm an amateur, but that's not a bad thing. I'm not looking to be the next Michelangeo, and to be honest, I don't want to be. Michelangelo, Picasso, and whomever else is still talked about from those years far gone, they have a place, but so does the art that I create. So does the art that everyone creates.

I can't explain why I create feathers over and over again but I think it's my thing. Most artists end up with a 'style', and for some reason feathers are part of mine.

It's weird to be entering Mercury Retrograde feeling optimistic and almost eager to push forward. There's a path and it has been illuminated. There's hope within that if I just start walking the bricks will be laid out one by one in front of me.

Hmmmmmm.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment